Monday, November 20, 2006

Love Poem

Some time ago I wrote this poem. It's getting to be that time of year again when it's relevant.


Engulf me in your warm embrace,
You syrupy elixir of unconsciousness.
Lift me up so my lips touch your lips,
And my tongue can lick your numbing oblivion.

Ahh, NyQuil,
Heroine for the congested.

Take me away from the snot and the phlegm and the mucus.
Make me forget my upper respiratory system for just one night.

With you I am sluggish and disoriented,
In the mood for love.

I feel the penetration of your Doxylomine Succinate.
The Dextromethorphan Hydrobromide caresses me from the inside.
Yes, yes, Acetaminophen.
Pseudo - eph - edrine Hy - dro - chlor - ide
Don’t stop, don’t stop.
Until...

Don’t take it personally if I doze off.

So much more than a coughing, achy, stuffy head, fever, so you can rest medicine,
You are a gift from a higher power.
Thank you Procter and Gamble.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home